Thursday 11 August 2011

Revolution II

(See previous post entitled Revolution )

When I took my sociology class just a few weeks ago, I didn't realize that class envy and class warfare would be so openly encouraged. Shows how naive I can be I suppose. Here are a few Google images with the "Revolution" theme:






Did you catch that one? It's subtle...let's try another that will be more blunt:

Oops! There it is! Yes, showing your anger and frustration in a revolution is a loving thing to do....ummmm...
well...not really....but maybe Ron Paul thinks so:


Catchy...

But Musemater's post caused me to revisit this theme. It got me thinking about the Bolshevik Revolution, and for that matter, our own country's Revolutionary War of 1776 (or whenever it really was), and the Loyalists who were then branded as "the enemy"....and, come to think of it,  today many Americans still look at Canadians with suspicion. The propaganda worked. But in order to look at this from both sides, let's look a little closer. I first read George Orwell's "Animal Farm" and "1984" in, well, 1984, because I was curious about what he had to say about "big brother" and I figured 1984 to be a good year to investigate these things...and now we see these things cropping up again, here, in the United States...


Hmmm, scary...


Anyway, I found this nice comparison of George Orwell's "Animal Farm" with the Russian Revolution. See if any of it resonates with things that are happening today....



2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan, "Animal Farm", Orwell's revelations of his insider knowledge and his other works all end with the death of personality, creativity, choice, hope, loyalty, and love. Anyhow he made us familiar with these ideas & now it is here, but God is still gonna get the last laugh, He isn't slow, but He is merciful & holy & just.

    Ron Paul is the only one of the Republicans wanting to end the wars, so I can't say that there's any evidence of the slogan equating revolution with love, I think it was meant as a turning around from the present warmongering. But I'm watching, always watching.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Musemater,

    I've listened to some of the things that Ron Paul has said, and everything that I've heard him say I've agreed with, actually... but these days I really don't trust anyone anymore. I look at all of them with suspicion anymore. Whenever I see them encouraging a revolution I am immediately very suspicious. I realize that Jesus is considered a "revolutionary" person in history. The antichrist will liken himself to Jesus and be a revolutionary figure, and will convince people he isn't a crook and a charlatan like all the rest of them... and he will end up being the worst of them all, so these days I don't believe any of them, I am waiting to see what God will do and putting all my hope there instead.

    I may find myself agreeing with this guy or that, but in the end none of that will really matter when God really does set the record straight, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete


Please be as gracious as you would like others to be to you. Thank you :)




Please try to keep your comments on the topic of the post you are commenting on.

If there is a link to an article or podcast, or if there is an embedded video please view these before airing your views on the posting. If you clearly did not watch video/read link I may choose to not respond to it ...particularly if you have a question that is already answered on link or video.

Opposing viewpoints are of course allowed here as long as the conversation remains civil. If it runs on and on and becomes burdensome and repetitive I will probably lock the comments on that posting. Thank you, I hope we can grow together in a true friendship as God would have it. 🙂