Wednesday 9 January 2013

For A Mess of Pottage?



Genesis 25:29-34 


Matthew 4:1-10


The theme pops in on me at odd moments....not that I have an urge to sell my soul or anything (actually I'm counting on the grace of God on this one, because left up to myself I have a feeling I'd blow it...because when it comes down to the truth of the matter, I cannot do anything right without Jesus' help). Anyway, we've all heard about this, haven't we?



 Matthew 16:26

I was talking with my boss at work today, and we got on the topics of what we see in this world today, and on discernment and the lack of it today, and the MOB (and some other related and equally disturbing topics), and it brought me back to thinking on that theme. Is it possible to "sell your soul to the devil"? I personally believe it is possible to do so, and that many have done so.



Today I heard that our nation will begin performing gay marriage ceremonies at the national cathedral in Washington D.C. I am hearing the death knell of our nation loud and clear. It has clearly sold it's soul to the devil. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please be as gracious as you would like others to be to you. Thank you :)




Please try to keep your comments on the topic of the post you are commenting on.

If there is a link to an article or podcast, or if there is an embedded video please view these before airing your views on the posting. If you clearly did not watch video/read link I may choose to not respond to it ...particularly if you have a question that is already answered on link or video.

Opposing viewpoints are of course allowed here as long as the conversation remains civil. If it runs on and on and becomes burdensome and repetitive I will probably lock the comments on that posting. Thank you, I hope we can grow together in a true friendship as God would have it. 🙂