Monday 18 November 2013

Can a Truly Saved Person Fall Away? Part 4 (last installment, I think)

Finally, I have to add to this series THE most important part, that I don't think I stressed enough...(I don't think I really stressed it all all, in fact)

The FACT that someone who is truly saved CANNOT fall away gives us the most hope. If the Lord has you in His sights it doesn't matter what you do or don't do, have done, or will do...because it is He who saves you, not we ourselves.

We can get derailed or temporarily deceived...we can say stupid things and be off doctrinally, and I'm not recommending that of course; it can bring harm to oneself and to others who can likewise become derailed by bad doctrine that gets passed along. And if you aren't saved yet (YET!!!) but the Lord has you in His sights and is working the means to draw you in, there is no escaping His love (and why would you want to!!???) If you truly do desire Him with your whole heart, it is He who put that desire into you, and He will see that to it's proper conclusion, not because you do anything so wonderful, but because HE IS THAT WONDERFUL.


The FACT that the Lord keeps those who are His is SO WONDERFUL, so fantastic!, so amazing, and sooooooo comforting. He did it, and does it, and will do it perfectly. That is our perfect hope, and hope that is based on Jesus is more than the wimpy connotation that most people put on the word "hope". A hope that is grounded on the Lord is Rock solid and won't move, won't shift, and won't fall away.

If it isn't about Him and what He has done....there's nothing, nothing but yourself, forever...and THAT would be very, very sad indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan,
    This is a tough one for sure. I don't believe in the once saved always saved deal but I think that if one is really saved and knows God they will be willing to work on their relationship with Him. Not that I believe in works, no not that, but every relationship needs to be attended to even though it is Jesus who does most of the work and carrying the load He does require of us to carry our cross and follow in His steps. Those who think they are riding on a free gift while still living in the worldly way, not willing to become aliens to the world, I think they will have a very rude awakening when they finally do face their Maker. It is like the man who took his gift and buried it in the sand. Matthew 25:26-27 “His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest. v 30 And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
    There are other verses too that make one question about not losing your salvation. I think, though, that if you really are devoted to Jesus Christ then nothing not even Satan himself can drag one away from the salvation God has for us in Jesus Christ. My favourite Scripture verses that I cling to when I am shaken and down from attack is Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, We might believe slightly differently on that point Child of God, I think you can lose blessings and rewards, but not your salvation, IF you are born of the Spirit. Yes I do think you can mess up, and you can have doubts, however the Spirit would convict you of the truth and draw you back. I agree with you that perhaps you can bury your talent. I think many could be witnessing for Jesus who are afraid to, or don't want to be ridiculed, and He said whoever is ashamed of Him now He will be ashamed of them later...

      Thanks for visiting! and for your thoughts. I love that passage too, and Romans 8:28 :)

      Delete


Please be as gracious as you would like others to be to you. Thank you :)




Please try to keep your comments on the topic of the post you are commenting on.

If there is a link to an article or podcast, or if there is an embedded video please view these before airing your views on the posting. If you clearly did not watch video/read link I may choose to not respond to it ...particularly if you have a question that is already answered on link or video.

Opposing viewpoints are of course allowed here as long as the conversation remains civil. If it runs on and on and becomes burdensome and repetitive I will probably lock the comments on that posting. Thank you, I hope we can grow together in a true friendship as God would have it. 🙂