Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Years Resolutions

I (like most people) have high hopes at this time of year for a good year ahead, but I'm not one to make new years resolutions. It isn't that I don't think I need to make any, it's just that I'm not that creative in that way...I've tried to think of things that I would like to work on and cannot come up with anything that I think I can stick with, so I have that "why bother" Eeyore kind of resignation to the situation. Instead
I remain hopeful that the things the Lord would have me do will be accomplished in my life in His appropriate times and seasons.

Philippians 3:12
I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.


I cannot improve on the things that God is doing in me except to trust that He will use all things good and bad to accomplish the good things He is preparing for those who love Him (Romans 8:28)

Persevere in the things that are ahead, and do not be too discouraged, but always remember that all things good and bad are temporary here...so hang on, some days will be difficult, but the Lord will see us through them all as we wait for Him to do His will in all these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please be as gracious as you would like others to be to you. Thank you :)




Please try to keep your comments on the topic of the post you are commenting on.

If there is a link to an article or podcast, or if there is an embedded video please view these before airing your views on the posting. If you clearly did not watch video/read link I may choose to not respond to it ...particularly if you have a question that is already answered on link or video.

Opposing viewpoints are of course allowed here as long as the conversation remains civil. If it runs on and on and becomes burdensome and repetitive I will probably lock the comments on that posting. Thank you, I hope we can grow together in a true friendship as God would have it. 🙂