Sunday 9 February 2014

Changes


The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
 2Corinthians 5:17 (ESV)

I'm moving!

The last few months have brought changes, some enjoyable, some not so much. I must confess that I don't handle change well, I guess that is the main reason that as far as politics goes I lean to conservative much more than to the liberal side, because from what I've experienced liberal changes are usually bad.

HOWEVER...

I am learning to let go (I'm somewhat of a slow learner in this department). It is in God's hands after all, and it isn't up to me to try to keep things (or people) from growing worse and worse. I cannot change people. I cannot even change myself, or keep myself from changing (aging, for instance).

So reluctantly I let go of those things that are behind me, and look forward to a fresh tomorrow, with my wonderful husband beside me. Sure there will be difficult days...and sometimes I might even wish for "the good old days"...but God promises much better things which He has in store, so the difficult challenges are there to prepare me and stretch me so that I will be better able to serve the Lord, and give back a portion of what He has blessed me with.


3 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'm so glad your papers finally came in and now you can focus on the big move. Praying all goes smoothly for you and Father walks you through all of these changes.

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea, nice background! So light and refreshing. :)
    <><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Child of God,

      it's been a fast and furious couple of weeks with getting everything out of my apartment and doing the B4 etc...about the background, I liked it too, but the leaves sort of looked like cannabis, even though they were golden colored, I was trying to find a maple leaf design, which I subsequently found, however it just reminds me more of the fall...so with spring soon upon us, I think I will change it again soon :)

      Delete


Please be as gracious as you would like others to be to you. Thank you :)




Please try to keep your comments on the topic of the post you are commenting on.

If there is a link to an article or podcast, or if there is an embedded video please view these before airing your views on the posting. If you clearly did not watch video/read link I may choose to not respond to it ...particularly if you have a question that is already answered on link or video.

Opposing viewpoints are of course allowed here as long as the conversation remains civil. If it runs on and on and becomes burdensome and repetitive I will probably lock the comments on that posting. Thank you, I hope we can grow together in a true friendship as God would have it. 🙂