Monday 23 October 2017

Our Old Maple Tree

the only photo I could find (I know I have others but too lazy to look right now)
of the maple tree we took down
...took this a few weeks ago when we noticed the wasp nest
about 25 or so feet up


Last week hubby decided to have our old maple tree cut down. She was old and every little breeze blew off branches. A couple of weeks ago we had some really strong gusts that knocked a big wasp nest right onto the spot where we often park the car close to our back door.

It took the tree guys less than two minutes to bring her down. Then they removed the branches from the main trunk and asked me if I wanted to keep the wood chips. At first I said “no” and then thought they would be great for keeping the weeds down by the fence, but I didn’t realize there would be so many! So the rest of the day was spent moving wood chips, wheelbarrowfulls of chips.

After many trips with the wheelbarrow and the pile of chips only half of what it was at the beginning, I decided it was time to quit for that day. I came into the house, checked my phone, 8 messages from my husband “Don’t keep the wood chips!!!” LOL



....it’s good the tree is gone, more morning sun shines into our little kitchen, no more piles of maple leaves to rake and humongous branches to drag to the garden rubbish pile...and yet I kinda miss her.



No comments:

Post a Comment


Please be as gracious as you would like others to be to you. Thank you :)




Please try to keep your comments on the topic of the post you are commenting on.

If there is a link to an article or podcast, or if there is an embedded video please view these before airing your views on the posting. If you clearly did not watch video/read link I may choose to not respond to it ...particularly if you have a question that is already answered on link or video.

Opposing viewpoints are of course allowed here as long as the conversation remains civil. If it runs on and on and becomes burdensome and repetitive I will probably lock the comments on that posting. Thank you, I hope we can grow together in a true friendship as God would have it. 🙂