Saturday 21 October 2017

On the Topic of Alice Gallagher

It’s a touchy sore point for me, and it is probably the main reason I stopped visiting this blog, but there is unfinished business in it for me. It made me angry to think that someone I had counted as such a wonderful friend could have lied about her love of Jesus, and turn against Him by proclaiming that she “no longer” believes in Him.

And because “the falling away” became that personal, that painful, I did a lot of soul searching and internet searching on the topic of the falling away, and although I have been angry that she had me fooled (probably because it made me feel so foolish) I still cared very much as evidenced by how much I was bothered by it. At every thought of her, and people like her, who make false confessions of faith, I pray that one day she will to the blessing of herself and all who know her, will come to TRULY love and confess Jesus as her Lord and Saviour.

 Over the recent years there has been a veritable flood of people falling away from faith in Christ. It seems that even many pastors are confessing that they do not really believe what they have been preaching for years. Jesus did warn us that this would be one of the signs we would encounter in the last days, and mockers of course  mock that the “last days” have gone on for centuries, yet while true the Apostle Peter spoke on that topic...one day God’s patience will run dry for this world, and I continue to pray that Alice and the many others like her won’t be found on the wrong side of that ending.


I believe there are many  that, like Alice did in the past, put on a charade, pretending to believe and giving a very convincing performance, and not born of the Spirit...they too will eventually fall away.

This sermon by Henry Mahan speaks on the topic of being “Religious But Lost”.




1 comment:

  1. I'm more than happy to find this page. I need to to thank you for ones time just
    for this wonderful read!! I definitely really liked every
    little bit of it and i also have you bookmarked to look at new things in your site.

    ReplyDelete


Please be as gracious as you would like others to be to you. Thank you :)




Please try to keep your comments on the topic of the post you are commenting on.

If there is a link to an article or podcast, or if there is an embedded video please view these before airing your views on the posting. If you clearly did not watch video/read link I may choose to not respond to it ...particularly if you have a question that is already answered on link or video.

Opposing viewpoints are of course allowed here as long as the conversation remains civil. If it runs on and on and becomes burdensome and repetitive I will probably lock the comments on that posting. Thank you, I hope we can grow together in a true friendship as God would have it. 🙂