Sunday 19 November 2017

Peace in the Midst of My Hurrying

This week offered me my last chance to finish up a few things that still required my attention before Winter puts his icy fingers into our soil and coats everything with a blanket of snow. I put leaves provided by Autumn onto the flowerbeds, and cut back some of the raggedy odds and ends, added a large contribution to my composting bins, and pulled up the last of the canalily bulbs. I also had many things that needed attention in the house as well. It certainly kept me very busy but getting it all done was so very satisfying, and being that busy you would think I had no time to waste being online...but I did, and I hope that it wasn't a waste of time, but God only knows ;-)

A few days ago I stumbled into a conversation by a Seventh day Adventist on the topic of the SDA church starting to enter into the eccumenical wave. His remarks about it revealed that many Adventists believe their church is not susceptible to what is happening worldwide, but it said nothing about the greater problem at the root of Adventism: Ellen G. White and her false teachings about Jesus. I shared my thoughts regarding these things, and gave about 3 or 4 replies in answering 2 Adventists who desired me to back up my "false accusations" (which was probably at least 2 too many replies) before giving up, not before sharing that I am praying there might be some (even if only one!) whom the Lord might give sight and understanding.

In previous strivings for the truth I would get very upset and even angry with the "blind ones" for not seeing what I'm trying to "bless them with", but over the past year the Lord has blessed me with a peace even in the midst of such striving that it is no longer striving! Praise be to God! And also the work that needs doing around the house and garden, work that used to often be drudgery is now joyful and wonderful to see these things bringing harmony and goodness and blessing as benefits reaped from the hard work accomplished.

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susan,
    God has said for us not to be weary in well-doing, for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. I believe this applies to witnessing, sharing the truth of His Word, and even in gardening and housework! Thanks for the great post illustrating this.
    God bless,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie, just found this comment, I will try to be more prompt in the future☺️ Thank you always for your sweet encouraging comments!

      Delete


Please be as gracious as you would like others to be to you. Thank you :)




Please try to keep your comments on the topic of the post you are commenting on.

If there is a link to an article or podcast, or if there is an embedded video please view these before airing your views on the posting. If you clearly did not watch video/read link I may choose to not respond to it ...particularly if you have a question that is already answered on link or video.

Opposing viewpoints are of course allowed here as long as the conversation remains civil. If it runs on and on and becomes burdensome and repetitive I will probably lock the comments on that posting. Thank you, I hope we can grow together in a true friendship as God would have it. 🙂